#FutureGeo: Earth Science WebTV Channel
Audience: General Public
Medium: Internet YouTube Channel
Summary: We need a single online location where we can aggregate the best documentary videos presentations on the world of Earth Science Professionals. The emphasis should be:
- Define the Issues: What issues do professional Earth Scientists need to address (water, raw materials, energy, construction, geohazards, environmental protection etc)
- Define the Knowledge: What do Earth Systems professionals need to know about to address these issues (which Earth Systems?)
- Define the Skills: What skills do these professionals need to apply the knowledge to addressing the issues.
- Defining the Professions: Who are the experts that use the knowledge and skills to address these issues? Define each of the experts (hydrogeologist, hydrologist, geologist, oceanographer etc.)
- Define How to become one of these Experts: Information on how to acquire the necessary knowledge and skills.
Funding and Production: The channel could focus on aggregating resources that are already out on the internet, so funding might only be needed for a core site management / development team. The core of the content could be focused around episodes of the Earth Team TV series. The stakeholders should fund it (industry, higher education, professional associations).
Tell your friends!
No Comments Yet