#FutureGeo: Earth Science WebTV Channel
Audience: General Public
Medium: Internet YouTube Channel
Summary: We need a single online location where we can aggregate the best documentary videos presentations on the world of Earth Science Professionals. The emphasis should be:
- Define the Issues: What issues do professional Earth Scientists need to address (water, raw materials, energy, construction, geohazards, environmental protection etc)
- Define the Knowledge: What do Earth Systems professionals need to know about to address these issues (which Earth Systems?)
- Define the Skills: What skills do these professionals need to apply the knowledge to addressing the issues.
- Defining the Professions: Who are the experts that use the knowledge and skills to address these issues? Define each of the experts (hydrogeologist, hydrologist, geologist, oceanographer etc.)
- Define How to become one of these Experts: Information on how to acquire the necessary knowledge and skills.
Funding and Production: The channel could focus on aggregating resources that are already out on the internet, so funding might only be needed for a core site management / development team. The core of the content could be focused around episodes of the Earth Team TV series. The stakeholders should fund it (industry, higher education, professional associations).